Saturday, August 23, 2008

Eliza knows she is a cutie. When we were at Michael's doctor's appointment the other day she was sitting on my lap until another lady came and sat by us. Then she hopped down and started walking around, looking at the lady the whole time. When the lady finally looked up from her Reader's Digest she was rewarded with a huge, adorable smile from Eliza. "You gotta love me, I'm the baby!"

She loves water. Yesterday we went to Howard Amon Park and played at the park and in the wadding pool. She had no fear, going chest deep towards the center. A couple of weeks ago I set her on the side of Grandma Lewis's above ground pool. She jumped right in and had a great time, with me holding her.

Derek loves showers and will hop in when ever he catches Nate taking one. Once he even hopped in with Emma and took charge of the hand-held shower head. I can't keep the kid off the counters! He is a sweet guy and is often seen carrying around two baby dolls. He is very clean. He'll come tell me when he needs a diaper change, get the stuff if I ask and lays down. Time to potty train! He doesn't like having his hands dirty and he puts his dishes in the sink. He cleans up the toys at nursery. He also has learned some of his letters and sounds. He loves to sweep and vacuum. He's always happy to lend a helping hand.

Megan is starting Middle School next week. It looks like it will be great. She has good teachers and is in the High Cap classes including a very special pre-algebra class. She has been babysitting Madalyn Walker twice a week. It's a great entry-level babysitting job and she is earning money for college, her American Girl magazine subscription, Christmas presents, and our upcoming Disneyland trip.

This summer has been so full of fun! swimming lessons, Seattle trip, swimming at Grandma's, Bookmobile, free movies at the theater, watching a movie outside at grandma's, the ward camp out, finishing our swing set, sleeping out on the trampoline, going to the spray park, Sonics' Happy Hour :) , and just being together as a family enjoying lazy days. The kids have been marvelous. Michael has written some wonderful reports and made awesome accompanied power point presentations. Everyone has pitched in to keep the house somewhat clean.

I know it's almost time for school to start. The days are shorter and more golden. They shadows are longer and the air is colder. The backpacks are packed and new clothes are bought (except for shoes, gotta go do that!), but I'm not ready to give up summer or my kids yet. We'll see how much we can pack in the next few days. Whenever I start wishing for more summer I just remember we'll be going to Disneyland soon and that time is passing so quickly, it won't be long until next June!

No comments: