When we were heading off to go to Grandma Johnson's, Derek watched us pack up the car with our bags and sleeping bags. When we got to the stoplight he said excitedly, "I going to Disneyland!" He remembered! He has said, "Let's go to Disneyland tomorrow," and once after we took Emma to school he wouldn't get out of the car because he was ready to go to the Happiest Place on Earth. He finally agreed to leave when I told him we could go to Asher's house later that day.
Today he said, "I need a Disneyland paper." He climbed up on the computer and drew a picture, cut it out and hung it on the fridge, replacing Michael's map he made from school. When he brought me by the hand to see his new display he told me it was a princess. I was impressed.
My Mom says that Disneyland is in our blood. Maybe she's right. I'm glad that all my brothers and sister has married people that agree so we can understand the need, especially this time of the year for some strange reason, to migrate south.
No comments:
Post a Comment