Eliza has especially been looking forward to going and has been counting down for the last week. She woke us up early on the day we were leaving. I hadn't even bothered to set the alarm. I knew we wouldn't need it because the kids were so excited.
Trips are such an awesome break from day-to-day living. It is just what our family needed. Sometimes it feels like all we ever do is clean the house and yard work! Everything is different on a trip. Little things seem adventurous - like our lunch time picnic in the rain yesterday. We found a state park with enough trees to semi-cove a picnic table and protect us from the sprinkling. While we were there, Derek asked who took care of the park and I got to explain to him about taxes and how they benefit everyone.
Earlier we stopped at Multinomah Falls and were crossing under the freeway just as a train was going by. We hurried to the path under the train bridge and got to see and hear the train pass over us.
It was a beautiful, but long drive here. I hadn't wanted Eliza to be disappointed because she wouldn't be wearing her swimsuit running through the waves, so I had explained to her the beach close to our house was a cold beach. On the drive she reminded me a few times that I had said the beach was close to our house. It was all worth it when we got there. Eliza was the first one in and ran to find "her flower bed" that she had picked out from the website. It is actually located inside the walk in closet in the room Nathan and I are staying in so it is a perfect location. After we had been here for a while she told me she was going to be up in her room. It is probably the only time in her life she will have her own room! This morning, early again, she came into our room to wake us up. The first thing she told me was that she had made her bed.
![]() |
| Eliza's Flower Bed |
The rental house has a loft bedroom that is over the garage and is only accessible by outside stairs. It has a queen bed and its own television. I wasn't sure if we would use it since it isn't connected to the rest of the house, but because of Michael's independent character, it didn't surprise me when he excitedly offered to stay there. During the afternoon the kids would say, I'm going to Michael's and then go watch T.V. with him. It's like he had his own bachelor's pad. Originality, Derek was going to stay with him, but changed his mind at night. When I went to tuck Michael in, I expected him to be watching something, but he was reading instead![]() |
| Michael's Man Cave |
![]() |
| Emma's and Merian's beds |
![]() |
| Derek an Megan's room |
It's kind of silly to put the pictures in here, but I thought the kids might like to remember what their rooms looked like.
Today we are heading off to Newport Aquarium. I checked out the prices online and found, with a family our size, a year membership is cheaper than admission. I'm thinking we can come again next year and visit for free! Hopefully the rain will let up enough and we can go to the beach.
| Mike is doing a Little Mermaid pose. |




No comments:
Post a Comment