When it was time for Derek to be potty trained I just asked Michael to take him when ever he went. He would call out, "Come on Derek. Let's go shoot some bad guys." And he would happily go. It was the quickest any of our kids were potty trained and without any accidents or relapses. All I had to do was supply the candy for both boys. Michael also taught him about modesty and to this day Derek is very private. (Except sometimes, when he is in there for a long time, he gets bored and calls for Eliza to keep him company. Poor girl!)
Now it is Eliza's turn and Emma and Merian were more than happy to help out. They were so excited to show her the new potty chair and panties how could Eliza not be thrilled at this new adventure? It is only day two, and at risk of jinxing our luck, she is doing great. Emma and Merian are too. They jump at the chance to take her; I don't even remind them. In fact, when Eliza went today and picked up the inside of the chair to show me the results, Merian whisked them out of my hand to go clean up and help her wash her hands, lest she be at risk for not earning her share of the candy.
Our old chair was dangerously broken after so many kids so I went to find another one. It's hard to find any basic baby things now days. I guess they want you to buy two of everything: one pink and one blue. I debated a long time about which one to get but decided that the ones that make noise might just freak her out and hinder her progress. I got a frog chair like the one below, except with a pink insert. Today when all the kids were gone I asked her if she needed to go and she said, "I'll go hop on the frog!"
It's good this next one is a girl. Maybe by then Eliza can potty train her!

No comments:
Post a Comment