Posting all my worries made it so they weren't constantly circulating in my brain. Also, last Tuesday Nathan and I did a sealing session at the temple. We haven't done that in years. How wonderful it was to hear the blessings and be reminded of the eternal nature of families. We agreed that the sealing of children was the most profound part.
After, we spent a long time in the Celestial Room. We had it to ourselves the whole time. We talked a little bit about what we could do to prepare our children for the future and what changes we needed to make in Nathan's medical care. I had time to pray and think of each of our children's needs. After the uncertainty and worry of the past few days it was so peaceful. When we were finished I put Nathan and each one of our kids on the prayer role.
When I went to change my clothes I just stood still and started to cry. I didn't want to leave. But the peaceful feeling has stayed with me. I am so grateful for that.
Before Nathan's diagnosis, when I had the feeling that something was very wrong, I immediately felt that everything would be okay. I need to have faith in that feeling. I hope for total healing and that our lives will eventually pick up where they were before, but, what ever the future holds, I know everything will be okay. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for our family. I know I have wonderful children, a wonderful family, and, I have learned through this, there are so many others that will help us.
Although this is not something I would wish upon anyone, I have never felt more blessed. I feel so lucky each day. I am thankful for the changes that I have felt in me by having the Spirit be so close. We have had such a special feeling of peace in our home. So much so that even the plumber fixing the big leak that caused a hole in our ceiling told me about it! For this I want to say thank you for all of he prayers that have been offered in our behalf.
The night before Nathan went into the hospital I also felt impressed that we would know what to do. I've really felt that way. I haven't felt confused or had a hard time making decisions. Sometimes I may not know the answers, but I always feel calm and feel confident that I will as I gain more information. This has been a great blessing to me because I am usually so indecisive!
Still not looking forward to June, but it will be okay.
1 comment:
Christina, I'm glad we were able to go to the temple together yesterday. It was a special time. It was nice to be there with your brothers and sisters. It reminds me just how important families are, because I can almost tangibly feel the love that connects all of us. Thanks for going through life with me!
Post a Comment