Saturday, July 27, 2013

I just got off the phone with my mom. She told me about how she told the kids that after she got back from dropping off books at the library they would clean the house. When she got home Eliza surprised her by cleaning the whole downstairs by herself! I love that girl! I miss her so much!

Megan sent me some pictures of the kids. We soaked them in. We've been away for so long and I just want to hold them!
Megan told me that Eliza and Norah were so sweet and were always holding hands. Before they left I asked Eliza to keep an eye on Norah and I guess she did a terrific job. It is such a blessing that our kids are such good friends. I know they are looking out for each other and they are not lonely. I would worry that they don't even miss us, but when we are home they like to make up for all the snuggling we've missed out on so I know that they do. I'm happy that they are happy when we are gone. It has been a surprise to me and great blessing that being apart is bearable and I feel it is a product of many prayers.

Nathan was discharged from the hospital yesterday (Friday) and we spent today at the clinic for infusions. We will be back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day...until they are satisfied he is in good enough shape for us to go home for a brief visit before his transplant (assuming his next tests are acceptable.

Peter and I stayed at the hospital with Nate and Peter handled that pretty well. When Nathan was sleeping I would take Peter on walks around UW. It is a beautiful campus. I was very thankful for one nurse who would whisper when she would come in the middle of the night. She never woke Peter up! I wish I knew which one she was - I'd buy her a candy bar!

No comments: